Service and Repairs
Night Vision Depot (NVD) has more than 30 combined years experience in the evaluation and repair of American Made night vision systems. Our highly trained staff can repair and service the following systems: AN/PVS-2, AN/TVS-2, AN/PVS-4, AN/TVS-5, AN/PVS-5A/B/C, M912/915, AN/PVS-7A/B/C/D, AN/PVS-13, AN/PVS-14, AN/PVS-15, AN/PVS-18, AN/PVS-22, and AN/PVS-23, along with their many commercial derivatives.
We also have stock parts on hand for the repair of these systems. Please contact us for more information on servicing and repair. We utilize the Hoffman ANV-126, TS-3895/UV and the TS-4348/UV test set for evaluation and repair of all of the night vision systems we service. Use of these test sets ensures the utmost in system performance, calibration and compliance to MIL SPECS.
All repairs are made using the same high quality parts most systems were originally manufactured with and upgrades are also available for most systems. All repairs must pass minimum performance and image quality criteria and where applicable, all systems are fully nitrogen purged.
If you have an item that you would like to repair please call our Service Department at 610-395-9743. You must obtain an Return Authorization number (RA) and provide a description of the problem, along with your name and contact information.
We have a $100 service fee for evaluations. Once the problem has been established we will call you with an estimate for parts and service to correct it. All Repairs and Servicing take 2-4 weeks.
If you have any questions please contact Service at 610-395-9743 or email at email@example.com.
As of June 1, 2010: (If you purchased a system before this date please call to verify your warranty dates and expiration. 610-395-9743)
(1) Subject to the conditions hereinafter stated, NVD warrants that at the time of delivery to the carrier, all items will be free from defects in material and workmanship.
(2) NVD’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to (1) repairing, or (2) replacing at its factory or (3) allowing an equitable credit for any item, which upon inspection and in the judgment of NVD, is defective in material or in workmanship, provided that NVD is notified of any such defect or nonconformance within warranty period applicable to the item(s) purchased.
(3) No item will be accepted for repair, replacement or credit adjustment without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number, issued by NVD. To obtain an RMA and shipping instructions please contact our service department by either phone (610) 395-9743 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of authorization, and only in accordance with instructions of NVD, items for which adjustment, evaluation, or repair is requested shall be returned to NVD for examination with all shipping charges prepaid by the Buyer. Such items shall be packed in the original shipping container or in a manner substantially equal to the original packing used by NVD or NVD’s dealer or distributor. The return package shall include a copy of the RMA number, contact information, and a brief description of the reason for return. Failure to include the documentation or to package correctly may void this warranty. If such items, after examination by NVD, are found to be defective, the credit will be allowed for reasonable shipping charges paid by the Buyer.
(4) IN THE EVENT THAT THE ITEM APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN DAMAGED IN TRANSIT, NVD SHALL NOTIFY BUYER IN A TIMELY MANNER PERMITTING THE BUYER TO FILE A CLAIM AGAINST THE CARRIER.
(5) In the event that, pursuant to paragraph (2) above, NVD elects not to repair or replace any such defective item, NVD will refund the purchase price and NVD shall have no further obligation hereunder with respect to the defective item.
(6) This warranty does not extend to any item which has been subject to misuse, neglect, accident, operation outside of the item’s maximum/minimum ratings, incorrect wiring, improper application or installation, use in violation of instructions furnished by NVD, or has had its serial number or any part thereof altered, defaced or removed. Returned items, which are found by NVD to be within original product specifications, will be subject to a handling charge of 10% of the original purchase price billable to the Buyer.
(7) NVD will be permitted upon request to observe Buyer’s incoming inspection testing procedures at any time that is mutually acceptable.
(8) Except as to title, NVD’s liability arising out of the supplying or use of these items, whether or not within warranty, shall not in any case exceed the limitations herein stated nor shall NVD be liable for any general, special or consequential damages for any loss, damage or expense directly or indirectly arising from the use or inability to use the items, or any inability to use them either separately or in combination with any other equipment, or from any other cause. THE WARRANTY HEREIN PROVIDED FOR SHALL BE BUYER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE.
Expressed Specific Product Warranties
(1) Parts: All new parts are covered under the above listed warranty conditions for one year after the date of sale.
(2) Image Intensifiers: All new ITT image intensifiers sold by NVD are covered under the above listed warranty conditions for one and a half (1.5) years after the date of sale.
(3) NVD Systems: All new NVD manufactured systems sold by NVD are covered under the above listed warranty conditions for five years after the date of sale.
(4) Other Systems: Unless otherwise expressed, all new systems sold by NVD, which are manufactured by other companies are covered by the manufacturer’s original warranty. Specific manufacturer’s warranty periods for those products are listed either on NVD’s product literature sheets or on that product’s web page located at www.nvdepot.com.
Returns and Restocking Policy
A 10% restocking fee will be applied to all orders to cover the cost of inspection, packaging, and restocking. A Return Authorization (RA) number from Night Vision Depot must be granted before any product(s) can be returned.